This guide introduces the main features of Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture (AMBA) AXI4, highlighting the differences from the previous version AXI3. The guide explains the key concepts and details that help you implement the AXI4 protocol.
In this guide, we describe:
- What AMBA is.
- Why AMBA is so popular in modern SoC design.
- The concepts of transfers and transactions, which underpin how AMBA operates.
- The different channel signals and the functionality that they provide.
- Exclusive access transfers, which allow multiple masters to access the same slave at the same time.
- The rules and conditions that the AMBA protocol dictates.
- The key attributes and support for common elements like mixed endian structures.
At the end of this guide, you can Check your knowledge.