- It provides a standardized, operating system-agnostic description of a computer’s configuration and its various components. This enables an operating system to enquire and adapt itself to the system’s properties, and to associate drivers with its system peripherals.
- It provides platform interfaces for power and system management.
For systems based on the Arm architecture, ACPI provides a description of various key components, such as:
- What processors are in the system and how to boot them with Power State Coordination Interface (PSCI).
- Power management of processors and associated PSCI commands.
- IO topology, PCIe and System Memory Management Unit (SMMU).
- Generic Interrupt Controllers (GIC).
- Arm Memory Partitioning and Monitoring Extension.
- Arm Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) Specification.
- Various Arm components and related platform ingredients.
Latest ACPI Specifications
ACPI for Arm Components Specification
Learn more about ACPI specifications.
ACPI for Arm Memory Partitioning and Monitoring Specification
Download the Arm Functional Fixed Hardware Specification.
ACPI for Arm Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) Extension Specification
Read more about the IO Remapping Table.