The System Control and Management Interface (SCMI) specification describes a set of standard interfaces for power and system management. SCMI is extensible and provides interfaces to access functions which are often implemented in controllers in the platform. SCMI currently provides the following interfaces:
- Power domain management interfaces to place a given device or domain into the various power-saving states that it supports.
- Performance management interfaces to control the performance of a domain, which in turn is composed of compute engines, such as Application Processors (APs), GPUs, or other accelerators.
- Clock management interfaces to set and enquire rates on platform-managed clocks.
- Sensor management interface to read sensor data and be notified of sensor value changes.
- Discovery and self-description of the interfaces implemented by the platform.