Developing VR on Arm
Mobile Virtual Reality requires high performance and efficiency from a GPU for the highest quality experience. Arm Mali GPUs are leading the way, powering devices from the mobile phone-based Samsung Gear VR to standalone headsets such as Deepon’s M2 VR.
- See what's possible with virtual reality on Arm by watching the Ice Cave VR demo running on the Samsung Gear VR.
- The Mali GPU OpenVG Application Development Guide provides information about developing applications using the OpenVG graphics standard.
- Virtual Reality Tutorials cover a number of subject areas, including "How to get the most out of mobile VR in Unity" and "High Quality Mobile VR with Unreal Engine with Oculus".
- Arm Developer Virtual Reality provides links to a number of invaluable resources.
- Mali VR SDKs provide resources to help you build VR applications for Mali based platforms.
- How to... achieve inside-out tracking in mobile VR using only Unity and AR SDKs.
- How to... achieve console-like experiences on mobile VR with Apex Construct.
- How to... implement indoor navigation on your mobile using Unity, SLAM, and the Google ARCore SDK.
- Optimizing Virtual Reality: Foveated Rendering shows how you can lower the cost of rendering areas on the periphery of users' vision.
- Optimizing Virtual Reality: Understanding Multiview explains a rendering feature that can help to improve performance.