Developing VR on Arm
Mobile Virtual Reality requires high performance and efficiency from a GPU for the highest quality experience. Arm Mali GPUs are leading the way, powering devices from the mobile phone-based Samsung Gear VR to standalone headsets such as the Deepon M2 VR.
- The Ice Cave VR demo running on the Samsung Gear VR shows what is possible with VR on Arm.
- Virtual Reality presentations cover several subject areas including how to get the most out of mobile VR in Unity, and how to achieve high quality mobile VR with Unreal Engine for Oculus devices.
- Arm Developer Virtual Reality page provides links to a number of useful resources.
- Mali VR SDKs provide resources to help you build VR applications for Mali based platforms.
- How to... achieve inside-out tracking in mobile VR using only Unity and AR SDKs
- Several Arm community blogs provide information on developing great VR applications, such as:
- How to... achieve console-like experiences on mobile VR with Apex Construct
- How to... implement indoor navigation on your mobile using Unity, SLAM, and the Google ARCore SDK
- Optimizing Virtual Reality: Foveated Rendering shows how you can lower the cost of rendering areas on the periphery of user vision.
- Optimizing Virtual Reality: Understanding Multiview explains a rendering feature that can help to improve performance.