About the Arm® Compiler toolchain assemblers
The Arm® Compiler toolchain provides different assemblers.
- The freestanding legacy assembler, armasm. Use armasm to assemble existing A64, A32, and T32 assembly language code written in armasm syntax.
- The armclang integrated assembler. Use this to assemble assembly language code written in GNU syntax.
- An optimizing inline assembler built into armclang. Use this to assemble assembly language code written in GNU syntax that is used inline in C or C++ source code.
NoteThis book only applies to armasm. For information on armclang, see the armclang Reference Guide.
Be aware of the following:
- Generated code might be different between two Arm Compiler releases.
- For a feature release, there might be significant code generation differences.