Multiply with signed or unsigned 32-bit operands, giving the least significant 32 bits of the result.
- is an optional condition code.
- is an optional suffix. If S is specified, the condition flags are updated on the result of the operation.
- is the destination register.
- are registers holding the values to be multiplied.
MUL instruction multiplies
the values from
and places the least significant 32 bits of the result in
You cannot use PC for any register.
You can use SP in A32 instructions but this is deprecated. You cannot use SP in T32 instructions.
If S is specified, the
- Updates the N and Z flags according to the result.
- Does not affect the C or V flag.
The following forms of the
MUL instruction are
available in T32 code, and are 16-bit instructions:
must both be Lo registers. This form can only be used outside an IT block.
must both be Lo registers. This form can only be used inside an IT block.
There are no other T32 multiply instructions that can update the condition flags.
This instruction is available in A32 and T32.
MULS instruction is available in T32
in a 16-bit encoding.
MUL r10, r2, r5 MULS r0, r2, r2 MULLT r2, r3, r2