Debug Change PE State to EL3.
- Is an optional 16-bit unsigned immediate, in the range 0 to 65535, defaulting to 0.
Debug Change PE State to EL3, when executed in Debug state:
- If executed at EL3 selects SP_EL3.
- Otherwise, changes the current Exception level and SP to EL3 using SP_EL3.
The target exception level of a DCPS3 instruction is EL3.
On executing a DCPS3 instruction:
- ELR_EL3 becomes unknown.
- SPSR_EL3 becomes unknown.
- ESR_EL3 becomes unknown.
- DLR_EL0 and DSPSR_EL0 become unknown.
- The endianness is set according to SCTLR_EL3.EE.
This instruction is undefined at all exception levels if either:
- EDSCR.SDD == 1.
- EL3 is not implemented.
This instruction is always undefined in Non-debug state.
For more information on the operation of the DCPSn instructions, see DCPS in the Arm® Architecture Reference Manual Arm®v8, for Arm®v8‑A architecture profile.