Partial linking model
Produces a single output file that can be used as input to a subsequent link step.
- Eliminates duplicate copies of debug sections.
- Merges the symbol tables into one.
- Leaves unresolved references unresolved.
- Merges common data (COMDAT) groups.
- Generates a single object file that can be used as input to a subsequent link step.
If the linker finds multiple entry points in the input files it generates an error because the single output file can have only one entry point.
To link with this model, use the
--partial command-line option. Other
linker command-line options supported by this model are:
--exceptions_tables=(not supported for AArch64 state).