About the fromelf image converter
The fromelf image conversion utility allows you to modify ELF image and object files, and to display information on those files.
fromelf allows you to:
- Process Arm ELF object and image files that the compiler, assembler, and linker generate.
- Process all ELF files in an archive that armar creates, and output the processed files into another archive if necessary.
Convert ELF images into other formats for use by ROM tools or for direct loading into memory. The formats available are:
- Plain binary.
- Motorola 32-bit S-record. (AArch32 state only).
- Intel Hex-32. (AArch32 state only).
- Byte oriented (Verilog Memory Model) hexadecimal.
- Display information about the input file, for example, disassembly
output or symbol listings, to either
stdoutor a text file. Disassembly is generated in armasm assembler syntax and not GNU assembler syntax.
NoteIf your image is produced without debug information, fromelf cannot:
- Translate the image into other file formats.
- Produce a meaningful disassembly listing.