About the programmers model
The Cortex-A72 processor implements the ARMv8-A architecture. This includes:
- Support for all the Exception levels, EL3-EL0.
- Support for both Execution states, AArch64 and AArch32, at each Exception level.
The following instruction sets:
- AArch64 Execution state
- The A64 instruction set.
- AArch32 Execution state
- The T32 and A32 instruction sets.
The processor supports the following features:
- A32, T32, and A64 Advanced Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions.
- A32, T32, and A64 Floating-point instructions.
- A32, T32, and A64 optional Cryptography Extension instructions.
- Generic Timer.
The processor does not support the T32EE (ThumbEE) instruction set.