Data Memory tab
The following figure shows the data memory tab.
Figure 3-4 Data Memory tab
- DTCM size
- The range is 8KB to 1MB. Select the optimal size for your code base.
- Initialize DTCM
- If you require the data memory to be initialized when the design is built:
- Select Initialize DTCM checkbox.
- Specify the filename, see the example design as a reference.
- The filename must not have quote marks around it.
- The filename must be added to the design and marked as a memory initialization file.
- Vivado reads the memory file during synthesis. It is not possible to update the memory file and to run just implementation or generate bitstream. To incorporate software updates into an existing bit file, see Software update flow.