The GIC-600 uses AXI4-Stream interfaces for communication between some blocks.
These blocks are:
- Distributor to and from ITS.
- Distributor to and from Redistributors.
- Distributor to Distributor for Cross-Chip (CC) communications.
- Distributor to and from the SPI Collator.
- Distributor to and from the Wake Request block.
All these interfaces use fully credited schemes where all messages are guaranteed to be accepted without dependency on any other port.
Apart from the cross-chip communications, GIC-600 provides an AXI4-Stream interconnect for transporting messages. However, messages can be sent over an existing interconnect provided the interconnect is free-flowing.