Power down sequence
The Cortex®-A55 core uses the following power down sequence.
To power down a core, perform the following programming sequence:
- Save all architectural state.
- Configure the GIC distributor to disable or reroute interrupts away from this core.
- Set the CPUPWRCTLR.CORE_PWRDN_EN bit to 1 to indicate to the power controller that a powerdown is requested.
- Execute an Instruction Synchronization Barrier (ISB) instruction.
- Execute a WFI instruction.
After executing WFI and then receiving a powerdown request from the power controller, the hardware performs the following:
- Disabling and flushing of caches (L1 and L2).
- Removal of the core from coherency.