First characterization iteration
Perform this procedure for each of the characterization test conditions combinations.
For more details, see Table 2-2 Characterization test conditions.
- Set up the test operating conditions.
- Run CC_TST_TRNG under these conditions with
sampleCount values of:
- First set: SSMP1 = The minimal sampleCount found in Base iteration.
- Second set: SSMP2 = Ceiling(1.5 * (SSMP1+1)-1).
- Third set: SSMP3 = Ceiling(1.5 * (SSMP2+1)-1).
For example, if the minimum value of sampleCount is 8, then run CC_TST_TRNG under each of the 180 conditions with:
- SMP1=8 in the first set.
- SMP2=13 in the second set.
- SMP3=20 in the third set.
- Save the results of each test run in the relevant output file that is named according to Output-file names.
Overall, you must run a total of 540 characterization tests: (3 (sample counter values) * 4 (ring oscillator configurations) * 3 (voltages) * 3 (temperatures) * 5 (process corners).
The estimated total time for the characterization procedure is between 16-18 hours: 5 chips * 3 temperature conditions * (30 minutes to set each chip in each temperature condition + [30-40] minutes for running all oscillator, voltage, and sample count combinations in this temperature).
The outcome of this iteration is:
- A set of four sample count values - one value for each ring oscillator length.
- A definition of the worst-case corner (voltage/temperature/process) to be used for the second characterization iteration.