Capturing energy data locally and importing it to a capture
If you want to run a capture session locally and want the resulting report to include energy data, it is possible to run caiman and
gatord simultaneously and then merge the data from the two captures into a single report.
To import energy data into a capture, follow these steps:
- Open the Capture & Analysis Options dialog box.
- Enable energy capture by selecting ARM Energy Probe or NI DAQ from the Energy Capture drop-down menu, then enter the settings for each channel.
- Enter all other options as normal.
- Export a session.xml file using the Export... option.
On the host, start a caiman local capture where the
channel/resistance pairs match what you configured in the exported session.xml. For example:
caiman -l -r 0:20 -r 1:30
At the same time, trigger a gator local capture using the
session.xml previously exported:
gatord -s session.xml -o <
- When ready, stop the gator capture.
- Immediately stop the caiman capture.
- On your host machine, create a sub-folder in the .apc folder of the gator capture. Name the new folder energy.
- Copy the following caiman local capture files to the newly created energy folder: 0000000000, captured.xml, and, if it exists, warnings.xml.
- In the Streamline Data view, right-click on the merged capture and select Analyze... from the contextual menu.
- Use the Offset energy chart data buttons in the Chart Configuration panel in the Timeline view to match the energy data with other capture data.