Energy Probe requirements
Using the Energy Probe with Arm Streamline requires the Energy Probe hardware, Arm Development Studio installed on your host, and a target with a shunt resistor that meets the specifications required by the Energy Probe.
The Energy Probe has the following requirements:
- An installation of Arm Development Studio.
- A suitable Arm Development Studio license.
- A target running Linux kernel version 3.4 or later, configured for Arm Streamline profiling.
- An Energy Probe unit.
- A USB extension cable.
- USB drivers for the Energy Probe.
- A target that has 2-pin IDC 0.1" power measurement headers. The target also requires a shunt resistor with a supply voltage less than 15V and rated at least 0.5W. The shunt resistor needs a 1-pin IDC ground terminal and must not drop more than 165mV.