Updating your firmware
Necessary updates occasionally become available for the Energy Probe firmware.
Follow these instructions to update your firmware:
- Detach the Energy Probe probes and ground from the target.
Plug the Energy Probe into a USB port on your Windows host
Because of a limitation with the USB bootloader from the MCU vendor, updating firmware on a Linux host is not supported.
- To enable firmware programming mode, insert a paperclip into the small hole on the top near the LED.
- Press and hold down the button for three seconds.
- Wait for the LED to turn red, and then off. Firmware programming mode is now active.
- When the drive folder opens, delete the firmware.bin file. This file is a placeholder.
Drag and drop the new emeter_firmware.bin file onto the drive folder. This file is
- Safely remove the Energy Probe drive from the host machine using the Windows Safely Remove Hardware icon.
- Unplug the Energy Probe from the host machine.
- Wait for one second and plug it back in.