Counter Configuration dialog box settings
The Counter Configuration dialog box provides help resources and options that enable you to manage your configuration settings.
It contains the following options:
- Warnings tag
- This tag is displayed in the toolbar if one or more problems occurred during gator setup. To see the warning messages, click the tag.
- Toggle advanced view
- Turns the advanced view on or off. When the advanced view is on, the Available Events list includes any advanced events available for your target. Turn the advanced view off to display the default list of events.
- Removes the selected counter from the Events to Collect list.
- Toggle event-based sampling
- Turns event-based sampling on or off for the selected counter. To define how many hits are needed for the counter before a sample is recorded, use the Threshold field. If this button is grayed out, the selected counter does not support event-based sampling.
- Add counters from a template
Replaces the Events to Collect list with the counters that the selected chart configuration template requires. If you hold down the Shift key while clicking this button, the counters are appended to the list instead. An error message is displayed for any counters that the template requires but the target does not support.
- Enables you to search for and load a counter configuration XML file that you previously generated.
- Exports the current counter configuration to an XML file. If you choose to
capture data locally, you can first create and export the counter
configuration file and manually add it as an option when running
gatordon the target.
- Load Defaults
- Resets the Events to Collect list to the Arm Streamline defaults.
- Saves your current counter configuration and exits the dialog box. The counter configuration file, called configuration.xml by default, is saved to the same directory as
gatordon your target. This directory must therefore be writable.
- Exits the Counter Configuration dialog box without saving the defined settings.
- Opens Counter Configuration help.