About the L2 memory system
The L2 memory subsystem consist of:
- An 8-way set associative L2 cache with a configurable size of 128KB, 256KB or 512KB. Cache lines have a fixed length of 64 bytes.
- Optional ECC protection for all RAM structures except victim array.
- Strictly inclusive with L1 data cache. Weakly inclusive with L1 instruction cache.
- Configurable CHI interface to the DSU or CHI compliant system with support for 128-bit and 256-bit data widths.
- Dynamic biased replacement policy.
- Modified Exclusive Shared Invalid (MESI) coherency.