Connecting to the Gnometris application that is already running on an ARM® Linux target
Describes how to connect to the Gnometris application that is already running on a ARM® Linux target.
gdbserverand the Gnometris application running on the target and awaiting a connection on the appropriate port.
- The Gnometris application files available in your host workspace.
- Select Debug Configurations... from the Run menu.
- Select DS-5 Debugger from the configuration tree and then click on New to create a new configuration. Alternatively you can select an existing DS-5 Debugger configuration and then click on Duplicate from the toolbar.
- In the Name field, enter a suitable name for the new configuration.
Click on the Connection tab
- In the Select target panel, browse and select Linux Application Debug > Connections via gdbserver > Connect to already running application.
In the Connections panel, enter the TCP
Address and Port details of
gdbserverrunning on the target system.
Figure 4-22 Typical connection configuration for Linux application debug
Click on the Files tab and:
- Select Load symbols from file and then select the application image containing debug information. For example: H:\workspace\gnometris\gnometris.
- Click Add a new resource to the list to add another file entry.
Select Load symbols from
file and then select the shared library that is required
by the Gnometris application. For example: H:\workspace\gnometris\libgames-support.so.
Figure 4-23 Typical file selection for Linux application debug
Click on the Debugger tab, and:
- In the Run control panel, select Debug from symbol.
- Enter main in the field provided.
In the Host working directory panel, select
Figure 4-24 Typical debugger settings for Linux application debug
Click on Debug to start
the debugger and run to the
- Debugging requires the DS-5 Debug perspective. If the Confirm Perspective Switch dialog box opens, click Yes to switch perspective.