Creating a C or C++ project
You can create projects in DS-5 using the New Project dialog box.
To create a new C or C++ Project:
- Select File > New > Project... from the main menu.
- Expand the C/C++ group.
- Select either C Project or C++ Project.
- Click on Next.
- Enter a Project name, for example, hello_world .
- Leave the Use default location option selected so that the project is created in the default folder shown. Alternatively, deselect this option and browse to your preferred project folder.
Select the type of project that you want to create, for example,
Executable > Empty Project.
Figure 4-3 Creating a new C project
- Select a Toolchain, for example, Arm Compiler 6 (DS-5 built-in).
- Click Finish to create your new project.
- C project
- This does not select a source language by default and leaves this decision to the compiler.
- C++ project
- Selects C++ as the source language by default, regardless of file extension.
In both cases, the source language for the entire project, a source directory or individual source file can be configured in the build configuration settings.