Setting up the compilation tools for a specific build configuration
The C/C++ Build configuration panels enable you to set up the compilation tools for a specific build configuration, in your project. The settings in these panels determine how the compilation tools build an Arm® executable image or library.
To access the build configuration panels:
- Select the project in the Project Explorer view.
- Select Properties from the Project menu.
- Expand C/C++ Build in the Properties dialog box.
- Select Settings.
- The Configuration panel shows the active configuration. If required, click Manage Configurations... from the Configuration panel to create a new build configuration or change the currently selected configuration.
The compilation tools available for the current project, and their
respective build configuration panels are displayed in the Tool
Settings tab. Select this tab and configure the build as required.
NoteMakefile projects do not use these configuration panels. The Makefile must contain all the required compilation tool settings.
Figure 4-4 Typical build settings dialog box for a C project
- To set optimization settings, select ARM C Compiler 6 > Optimizations to display the optimization settings and change them.
- To set a debug level, select ARM C Compiler 6 > Debugging to display debug settings and change them.
- Click OK to save the settings.