Launching DS-5 and connecting to DS-5 Debugger
After installing DS-5, use the options relevant to your operating system to launch Eclipse for DS-5. Then, create a debug configuration to connect to DS-5 Debugger.
Launch Eclipse for DS-5:
On Windows, select Start > All Programs > Arm® DS-5 > Eclipse for DS-5.
- If you installed the DS-5 shortcut during installation, you can select Eclipse for DS-5 from your list of applications.
To run DS-5 from the command-line:
Open a command-line terminal.
DS-5_install_directory/bin/ is available in your
eclipseat the prompt.
Tip:On Linux, you can also use suite_exec to configure the environment variables correctly for DS-5. Run
shell> to open a shell with the
PATHand other environment variables correctly configured. Run suite_exec with no arguments for help. For more information, see Installing DS-5.
- Select Window > Perspective > Open Perspective > Other from the main menu.
- Click DS-5 Debug and then click OK.
To connect to a target:
- If you have not run a debug session previously, then you must configure a connection between the debugger and the target before you can start any debugging tasks.
- If you have run a debug session previously, then you can select a target connection in the Debug Control view and click on the Connect to Target toolbar icon.