Disconnecting from a target
You can use either the Debug Control or Commands view to disconnect from a target.
- If using the Debug Control view, click
the Disconnect from Target toolbar icon in
the Debug Control view.
Figure 2-14 Disconnecting from a target
- If using the Commands view, enter quit in the Command field and click Submit.
The disconnection process ensures that the target's state does not change, aside from the following exceptions:
- Any downloads to the target are canceled and stopped.
- Any breakpoints are cleared on the target, but are maintained in DS-5.
- The DAP (Debug Access Port) is powered down.
- Debug bits in the DSC (Debug Status Control) register are cleared.
If a trace capture session is in progress, it continues to be captured even after DS-5 has disconnected from the target.