Assigning conditions to an existing watchpoint
Using the options available on the Watchpoint Properties dialog, you can specify different conditions for a specific watchpoint.
NoteYou can create several conditional watchpoints, but when a conditional watchpoint is enabled, no other watchpoints (regardless of whether they are conditional) can be enabled.
- In the Breakpoints view, select the watchpoint that you want to modify and right-click to display the context menu.
- Select Properties... to display the Watchpoint Properties dialog.
- If not selected, select Enabled.
Specify the width to watch at the given address, in bits. Accepted values are:
8, 16, 32, and 64 if supported by the target.
This parameter is optional. The width defaults to:
- 32 bits for an address.
- The width corresponding to the type of the symbol or expression, if entered.
Expand Stop Condition
and in the Expression field,
enter a C-style expression. For example, if your application code has a variable
x, then you can specify: x == 10.
Figure 3-8 Watchpoint Properties dialog
- Click OK, to apply the condition to the watchpoint.