Using Fixed Virtual Platform (FVP)s with DS-5
A Fixed Virtual Platform (FVP) is a software model of a development platform, including processors and peripherals.
FVPs are provided as executables, and some are included in DS-5.
Depending on your requirements, you can:
- Configure a connection to an FVP model for bare-metal application debug.
- Configure a connection to an FVP model for Linux application debug.
- From the command-line, configure a connection to an FVP model for bare-metal application debug.
- Import your custom FVP model into DS-5.
FVPs not provided with DS-5 installation must be defined in the
PATH environment variable of your OS to be
available for DS-5.
You must add the
DS-5_install_directory/bin directory to your
PATH environment variable and restart Eclipse.
- For Windows, enter set PATH=<your model path>\bin;%PATH%
- For Linux, enter export PATH=<your model path>/bin:$PATH
To ensure that the modified path is available in future sessions:
- For Windows, right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables and under User
Variables, create a
PATHvariable with the value
<your model path>\bin, or else append
;<your model path>\binto any existing
- For Linux, set up the
PATHin the appropriate shell configuration file. For example, in .bashrc, add the line
export PATH=<your model path>/bin:$PATH