Chapter 15 Debug and Trace Services Layer (DTSL)
Describes the DS-5 Debugger Debug and Trace Services Layer (DTSL).
DTSL is a software layer that sits between the debugger and the RDDI target access API. DS-5 Debugger uses DTSL to:
- Create target connections.
- Configure the target platform to be ready for debug operations.
- Communicate with the debug components on the target.
As a power user of DS-5 Debugger, you might need to use DTSL:
- As part of new platform support.
- To extend the capabilities of DS-5 Debugger.
- To add support for custom debug components.
- To create your own Java or Jython programs which interact with your target.
It contains the following sections: