This protocol controls the actions of the component. It permits a timer to be set to schedule a callback after a given number of ticks at the rate of the clock input.
If a timer is set while it is counting, it starts counting the new number of ticks without sending the original callback. Canceling a timer when it is not active has no effect.
- set(uint64_t ticks) : void
- Set the timer to countdown the given number of ticks.
- Cancel an active timer, preventing the callback being invoked.
- isSet() : bool
- Check whether a timer is set to generate a callback.
- remaining() : uint64_t
- Return how many ticks remain before the callback is invoked.