About system control
The system registers control and provide status information for the functions that the core implements.
The main functions of the system registers are:
- Overall system control and configuration
- Memory Management Unit (MMU) configuration and management
- Cache configuration and management
- System performance monitoring
- GIC configuration and management
The system registers are accessible in the AArch64 EL0-EL3 and AArch32 EL0 Execution state. Some of the system registers are accessible through the external debug interface.