The most significant known issues for the latest release are summarized here:
- I/O metrics are not fully available on some systems, including Cray systems.
- CPU instruction metrics are only available on x86_64 systems.
- Thread activity is not sampled whilst a process is inside an MPI call with a duration spanning multiple samples.
- Xeon Phi systems using many MPI ranks per card should set ALLINEA_REDUCE_MEMORY_USAGE=1.
- Version 14.9 or later of the PGI compilers is required to compile the Arm Performance Reports MPI wrappers as a static library.
- MPICH 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 do not work with MAP, DDT or Performance Reports due to a defect in MPICH 3.0.3/4. MPICH 3.1 addressed this and is fully supported.
- Open MPI 2.1.3 works with Arm Performance Reports. Previous versions of Open MPI 2.1.x do not work due to a bug in the Open MPI debug interface.
- On Cray X-series systems only native SLURM is supported, hybrid mode is not supported.
- Performance Reports may fail to finalize a profiling session if the cores are oversubscribed on AArch64 architectures. For example when attempting to profile a 64 process MPI program on a machine with only 8 cores. This will appear as a hang after finishing a profile.
See also additional known issues here: