Configure your project
Before you build the
HelloWorld project, you need to tell the linker the RAM base address for your FVP target. This ensures that the application is built and loaded correctly on to your target. You also need to tell Arm® Debugger to add debug symbols into the image file, which allows you to debug the image.
Complete Create a project in C/C++
In the Project Explorer view, right-click the
HelloWorldproject and select Properties. The Properties for HelloWorld dialog box opens.
Add debug symbols into the image file:
- Expand C/C++ Build, and select Build Variables.
- Set Configuration to Debug [Active].
Set the linker base RAM address, under C/C++ Build select Settings:
- In the Tool Settings tab, select All Tools Settings > Target.
- From the Target CPU dropdown, select Cortex-A9.
- From the Target FPU dropdown, select No FPU.
- Select Tool Settings > Arm Linker 6 > Image Layout.
In the RO base address field, enter
- Click OK.
- If you are prompted to rebuild the index, click Yes.