Hardware and host platform requirements
For the best experience with Arm® Development Studio, your hardware and host platform should meet the minimum requirements.
To install and use Arm Development Studio, your workstation must have at least:
- A dual core x86 2GHz processor (or equivalent).
- 2GB of RAM.
- Approximately 3GB of hard disk space.
To improve performance, Arm recommends a minimum of 4GB of RAM when you :
- Debug large images.
- Use models with large simulated memory maps.
- Use Streamline.
Host platform requirements
Arm Development Studio supports the following host platforms:
- Windows 7 SP1 Professional Edition
- Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Workstation
- Ubuntu Desktop Edition 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu Desktop Edition 18.04 LTS
Arm Development Studio only supports 64-bit host platforms.
Arm Compiler host platform requirements
Arm Development Studio contains the latest versions of Arm Compiler 5 and Arm Compiler 6. The release notes for each compiler version provide information on host platform compatibility:
For information on adding other versions of Arm Compiler 5 and Arm Compiler 6 to Arm Development Studio, see register a compiler toolchain.