Hardware and host platform requirements
For the best experience with Arm Development Studio, your hardware and host platform should meet the minimum requirements.
To install and use Arm Development Studio, your workstation must have at least:
- A dual core x86 2GHz processor (or equivalent).
- 2GB of RAM.
- Approximately 3GB of hard disk space.
To improve performance, Arm recommends a minimum of 4GB of RAM when you :
- Debug large images.
- Use models with large simulated memory maps.
- Use Streamline.
Host platform requirements
Arm Development Studio supports the following host platforms:
- Windows 7 SP1 Professional Edition
- Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Workstation
- Ubuntu Desktop Edition 14.04 LTS
- Ubuntu Desktop Edition 16.04 LTS
Arm Development Studio only supports 64-bit host platforms.
Arm Compiler host platform requirements
Arm Development Studio contains the latest versions of Arm Compiler 5 and Arm Compiler 6. The release notes for each compiler version provide information on host platform compatibility:
For information on adding other versions of Arm Compiler 5 and Arm Compiler 6 to Arm Development Studio, see register a compiler toolchain.