About the Remote System Explorer
Use the Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) perspective to connect to and work with a variety of remote systems.
It enables you to:
- Set up Linux SSH connections to remote targets using TCP/IP.
- Create, copy, delete, and rename resources.
- Set the read, write, and execute permissions for resources.
- Edit files by double-clicking to open them in the C/C++ editor view.
- Execute commands on the remote target.
- View and kill running processes.
- Transfer files between the host workstation and remote targets.
- Launch terminal views.
Useful RSE views that you can add to the Development Studio perspective are:
- Remote Systems.
- Remote System Details.
- Remote Scratchpad.
To add an RSE view to the Development Studio perspective:
- Ensure that you are in the Development Studio perspective. You can change perspective by using the perspective toolbar or you can select from the main menu.
- Select to open the Show View dialog box.
- Select the required view from the Remote Systems group.
- Click OK.