Use the Scripts view to work with scripts in Arm Development Studio. You can create, run, edit, delete, and configure parameters for the various types of scripts supported by Development Studio.
- Scripts are dependent on a debug connection. To work with scripts, first create a debug configuration for your target and select it in the Debug Control view.
- Debugger views are not updated when commands issued in a script are executed.
Using the Scripts view, you can:
- Create a script
To create a script, click to display the Save As dialog box. Give your script a name and select the type of script you want. You can choose any of the following types:
- Debugger Script (
- Jython script (
- Text file (
The script opens in the editor when you save it.
- Debugger Script (
- Import scripts
- Click to view options for importing scripts.
- Import an Arm DS or Jython script
- To import a Development Studio or Jython script, click and browse and select your file.
- Import and translate a CMM script
To import and translate a CMM script:
- Click and browse and select your file.
- Click Open.
- In the Translation Save Location dialog, choose a location to store the translated file.
- Click OK to translate the file and save it at the selected location.
- Add additional use case script directories
To add more use case script directories, click and either enter the folder location or click Browse to the script folder location.
To change the location for other scripts that are supported in Arm Debugger, from the main menu, select. Then, select the Use a default script folder option, and either enter the folder location or click Browse to the script folder location.
- Execute your script
After connecting to your target, select your script and click to execute your script. You can also double-click a script to run it.
When working with use case scripts, you must select the use case configuration to run your script.
- Edit your script
- Select your script and click to open the script in the editor.
- Delete your script
- Select the script that you want to delete and click . Confirm if you want to delete the script from the view, or if you want to delete from the disk, and click OK.
- Refresh the script view
- Click to refresh the view.
- Configure script options
- Select a script, and click to configure script options.
- Recents and Favorites
After you run a script, you can easily access it again from the Recent list. The Scripts view stores the five most recently run scripts. When you run a new script it appears at the top of the list.
- Add to Favorites
You can add your frequently accessed scripts to a list of favorites to easily access them later. To add a script to the list of favorites, right-click the script, and select Add to favorites.
- Remove from favorites
To remove your scripts from the Favorites list, right-click a script and select Remove from favorites.
To delete multiple scripts, select them with Ctrl+click and press the Delete key.
You can also access your favorites and recently accessed scripts from the Commands view.