Installing for an OpenGL ES Unity® Application
You can use the Graphics Analyzer with Unity® on an unrooted Android device. Below is an outline of how to do this using recent versions of GA. Alternatively, a more detailed set of instructions are provided in the Arm Guide for Unity Developers.
- Launch Unity on your desktop.
- Open Unity Build Settings and check the Development Build option.
You will need to copy [GA installation directory]/target/android/arm/unrooted/armeabi-v7a/libMGD.so into a subfolder in your Unity project.
- To package the OpenGL ES interceptor, copy into a folder called Assets/Plugins/Android/.
- To package the Vulkan interceptor, copy into a folder called Assets/Plugins/Android/libs/armeabi-v7a/ and rename libMGD.so to libVkLayerMGD32.so.
- Build the APK and install it using adb install -r YourApplication.apk.
- Follow the instructions in Tracing an Android Application to trace the Unity application.