Tracing Web-Based Applications
This method involves loading the Graphics Analyzer Interceptor into the Web Application Manager (WAM), the process responsible for displaying web-based applications.
The steps are as follows:
- Open /etc/init/WebAppMgr.conf
Just before the end of this file is a line which loads WAM.
It starts exec $WEBOS_NICE $WAM_EXE_PATH…
Immediately before this line, insert the following to include the Graphics Analyzer interceptor into the
- Reboot the device or turn the device on
- Open the Graphics Analyzer Host GUI application on your workstation
- Connect to the device using Graphics Analyzer's Device Manager. The device should advertise itself under "Linux Devices" and can be chosen with a single click.
- Start the web-based application
- Observe function calls being traced in the Graphics Analyzer Host GUI. You may see other applications being traced at the same time, since very many applications in webOS are web-based.