Debug Hardware Configure IP view
Use the Debug Hardware Configure IP view to configure Ethernet and internet protocol settings on the debug hardware units connected to the host workstation.
To access the Debug Hardware Configure IP view from the main menu, select Window > Show View > Other > DS-5 Debugger > Debug Hardware Configure IP.
The configuration process depends on the way in which the debug hardware unit is connected to the host computer, and whether or not your network uses Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). If you have connected your debug hardware unit to an Ethernet network or directly to the host computer using an Ethernet cross-over cable, you must configure the network settings before you can use the unit for debugging. You have to configure the network settings only once for each debug hardware unit.
The following connections are possible:
- Your debug hardware unit is connected to your local network that uses DHCP. In this situation, you do not have to know the Ethernet address of the unit, but you must enable DHCP.
- Your debug hardware unit is connected to your local network that does not use DHCP. In this situation, you must assign a static IP address to the debug hardware unit.
Figure 11-64 Debug Hardware Configure IP view
Debug Hardware Configure IP view options
- Ethernet/MAC Address
- The Ethernet address/media access control (MAC) address of the debug hardware unit.
- The address is automatically detected when you click Browse and select the hardware. To enter the value manually, select the Configure New option.
- Click to display the Connection Browser dialog. Use it to browse and select the debug hardware unit in your local network or one that is connected to a USB port on the host workstation.
- Click to visually identify your debug hardware unit using the indicators available on the debug hardware. On DSTREAM™ , the DSTREAM logo flashes during identification. On RVI™, all LEDs on the front panel flash during identification.
- Click to restart the selected debug hardware unit.
- Configure New
- Select this option to manually configure a debug hardware unit that was not previously configured or is on a different subnet.
- Ethernet Type
- Select the type of Ethernet you are connecting to. Auto-Detect is the default option. For DSTREAM devices, ensure that this is set to Auto-Detect. For RVI, other available options are: 10-MBit Half Duplex, 10-MBit Full Duplex, 100-MBit Half Duplex, and 100-MBit Full Duplex.
- TCP/IP Settings
- Host Name - The name of the debug hardware unit. This must contain only the alphanumeric characters (A to Z, a to z, and 0 to 9) and the - character, and must be no more than 39 characters long.
- Get settings using DHCP - Enables or disables the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) on the debug hardware unit. If using DHCP, you must specify the hostname for your debug hardware unit.
- IP Address - The static IP address to use.
- Default Gateway - The default gateway to use.
- Subnet Mask - The subnet mask to use.
- Click to apply changes to the debug hardware unit.