Event Viewer Settings dialog box
Use the Event Viewer Settings dialog to select a Trace Source as well as to set up Ports (if ITM is the trace source) or Masters (if STM is the trace source) to display in the Events view.
- Select a Trace Source
Selects the required trace source from the list.
- The number of lines to display per results page. The default is 100 lines.
- The number of characters to display per line. The default is 80 characters.
Imports an existing Event Viewer Settings configuration file. This file contains details about the Trace Source and Ports (in the case of ITM trace) or Masters and Channels (in the case of STM trace) used to create the configuration.
Exports the currently displayed Event Viewer Settings configuration to use with a different Events view.
Reorganizes the current channels into a canonical form, saves the settings, and closes the dialog box.
Enables you to cancel unsaved changes.
Figure 11-14 Event Viewer Settings (Shown with all Masters and Channels enabled for an ETR:STM trace source)
For ITM trace sources
- Click to add or delete a Port.
- Select the type of encoding you want for the data associated with the port. The options available are Binary, Text, and TAE.
- Click Reset to display and enable all available
Ports for the selected ITM trace source.Note This clears any custom settings.
- Click to clear all Ports.
- Show local timestamps
- Select to display local timestamps. Local timestamps are expressed as an interval since the last local timestamp. Local timestamps are available for CoreSight ITM trace and M-profile ITM trace.
- Show global timestamps (M-profile only)
- Select to display global timestamps. Global timestamps are expressed as a 48-bit or 64-bit counter value.
- Show event counter wrapping (M-profile only)
- Select to display event counter wrapping packets from the M-profile Data Watchpoint and Trace (DWT) unit.
- Show exception tracing (M-profile only)
- Select to display exception trace packets from the M-profile DWT unit.
- Show PC sampling (M-profile only)
- Select to display PC sampling packets from the M-profile DWT unit.
- Show data tracing (M-profile only)
- Select to display data trace packets from the M-profile DWT unit.
For STM trace sources
- Click to add or delete Masters and Channels
that you want to display in the Events view.Note Masters are only available for STM trace.
- Select the type of encoding you want for the data associated with the channels. The options available are Binary and Text.
Click Reset to display and enable all available Masters and Channels for the selected STM trace source.Note This clears any custom settings.
- Click to clear all Masters and Channels.