About debugging a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
UEFI defines a software interface to control the start-up of complex microprocessor systems. UEFI on ARM allows you to control the booting of ARM-based servers and client computing devices.
DS-5™ provides a complete UEFI development environment which enables you to:
- Fetch the UEFI source code via the Eclipse Git plug-in (available as a separate download from the Eclipse website).
- Build the source code using the ARM Compiler.
- Download the executables to a software model (a Cortex-A9x4 FVP is provided with DS-5) or to a hardware target (available separately).
- Run/debug the code using the DS-5 Debugger.
- Debug dynamically loaded modules at source-level using Jython scripts.
To download the UEFI source code and Jython scripts, search for "SourceForge.net: ArmPlatformPkg/ArmVExpressPkg" in your preferred search engine.
For more information, see this blog: UEFI Debug Made Easy