Importing and connecting to a model
DS-5 enables you to import and connect to a model.
- Open the Configuration Perspective.
- Select File > New > Configuration Database to open the New Configuration Database dialog.
- Enter a name for the new database and click Finish.
- In the Project Explorer view, right click and select New > Model Configuration from the context menu to open the New Model dialog.
- Select the database in which to create the new model entry, then click Next. This opens the Select Method for Connecting to Model dialog.
Select the method for connecting to the model. The options are:
- Launch and connect to a specific model. Click Next to select a specific model from the file system. Click File to browse for a model, for example from the DS-5 installation.
- Browse for model running on local host. Click Next to browse for models running on the local host. Then click Browse to display the list of running models. Select the model from the Model Browser dialog.
- Click Finish to connect to the model. This opens the Models Configuration Editor, where you can view and edit the devices in the model.
- Click Save to save the changes to the model to the .mdf file.
Click Import to create DS-5 Configuration Database
files. This adds the configuration to the DS-5 preferences.
Figure 10-53 Configuration Database
- Click Debug to create a new Debug Configuration entry and open the Debug Configurations dialog. You must configure the connection before starting the debug session.