Working with watchpoints
Watchpoints can be used to stop your target when a specific memory address is accessed by your program.
To set a watchpoint:
- If monitoring a global variable, in the Variables view, right-click on a data symbol and select Toggle Watchpoint to display the Add Watchpoint dialog.
- If monitoring a memory address, in the Disassembly view, right-click on a memory address and select Toggle Watchpoint to display the Add Watchpoint dialog.
Figure 3-3 Setting a data watchpoint on a data symbol
Select the required Access
You can choose:
- Read- To stop the target when a read access occurs.
- Write- To stop the target when a write access occurs.
- Access- To stop the target when either a read or write access occurs.
Click OK to apply your selection.
If you created a watchpoint to monitor a global variable, you can view it in the Variables view. If you created a watchpoint to monitor a memory address, you can view it in the Disassembly view.
Additionally, you can view all watchpoints and breakpoints in your application in the Breakpoints view.
- To delete a watchpoint, right-click a watchpoint and either select Remove Watchpoint or select Toggle Watchpoint.
To disable a watchpoint, right-click a watchpoint and select Disable Watchpoint to temporarily disable it. To reenable it, select Enable Watchpoint.