DS-5 configuration database
All use cases of DTSL potentially require the use of the DS-5 configuration
configdb). ARM® therefore recommends
that you have a basic understanding of the configuration database.
DS-5 Debugger uses a configuration database, called
store information on how to connect to platforms. This information is split across
several top-level locations in the database, each of which can contain the
- Board information
- Manufacturer, name, list of SoCs, list of Flash, DTSL initialization Jython scripts.
- SoC information
- Core information. For example, a SoC may contain + Cortex-M3.
- Core information
- Register sets for the core, and other information such as TrustZone® support.
- Flash information
- Information on flash types and programming algorithms.
- Common scripts (Jython)
- Jython scripts which might be of use to several database entries.
This information is mainly stored as XML files, located in sub-directories of the top-level locations.
The configuration database is located at <DS-5 install folder>\sw\debugger\configdb.
DS-5 allows you to configure one or more extension configdb locations, which are typically used to add more board definitions or flash support to DS-5.
This section contains the following subsections: