Use the Scripts view to work with scripts in DS-5. You can create, run, edit, delete, and configure parameters for the various types of scripts supported by DS-5.
- Scripts are dependent on a debug connection. To work with scripts, first create a debug configuration for your target and select it in the Debug Control view.
- Debugger views are not updated when commands issued in a script are executed.
Figure 11-34 Scripts view
Using the Scripts view, you can:
- Create a script
- To create a script, click to display the Save As dialog
box. Give your script a name and select the type of script you want. You can
choose any of the following types:
- Debugger Script (*.ds)
- Jython script (*.py)
- Text file (*.txt)
- The script opens in the editor when you save it.
- Import scripts
- Click to view options for importing scripts.
- Import a DS-5 or Jython script
- To import a DS-5 or Jython script, click and browse and select your file.
- Import and translate a CMM script
- To import and translate a CMM script:
- Click and browse and select your file.
- Click Open.
- In the Translation Save Location dialog, choose a location to store the translated file.
- Click OK to translate the file and save it at the selected location.
- Add additional use case script directories
- To add more use case script directories, click and either enter the folder location or click Browse to the script folder location.Note To change the location for other scripts that are supported in DS-5 Debugger, from the main menu, select Window > Preferences > DS-5 > Debugger > Console. Then, select the Use a default script folder option, and either enter the folder location or click Browse to the script folder location.
- Execute your script
- After connecting to your target, select your script and click to execute your script. You can also double-click a script to run it.
Note When working with use case scripts, you must select the use case configuration to run your script.
- Edit your script
- Select your script and click to open the script in the editor.
- Delete your script
- Select the script that you want to delete and click . Confirm if you want to delete the script from the view, or if you want to delete from the disk, and click OK.
- Refresh the script view
- Click to refresh the view.
- Configure script options
- Select a script, and click to configure script options.