Setting up National Instrument Multifunction Data Acquisition devices (NI DAQ) to capture energy data
In addition to the Energy Probe, you can also use NI DAQ devices to gather energy data from your target and view the results in Streamline.
To collect power statistics using a NI DAQ device, you must have the following:
- NI-DAQ hardware
- NI-DAQmx software installed on your host machine. This software package includes
drivers for the NI-DAQ device.
NoteIf you are running on Linux, you must use the NI-DAQmx Base software.
NoteAll necessary software is available on the National Instruments website, http://www.ni.com.
To set up your NI DAQ device, follow these steps:
- Connect the Ai1 connections on the NI DAQ device to go across the shunt resistor on your target.
- Connect Ai0 negative to ground.
- Also connect Ai GND to ground.
- Loop Ai0 positive to Ai1 negative. The Ai0 connectors is measured across the load, which is used to derive the voltage.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 using the other connectors on the NI DAQ device to measure additional channels.
- In the Streamline Data view of DS-5 for Eclipse, click Capture options. Consult the National Instruments documentation for instructions on how to locate the system name of NI DAQ device.
- Select the National Instruments DAQ option from the Energy Capture drop-down menu.
- Enter a valid system name in the Device field.
- Click the Choose from the file system... button next to the Tool Path field.
- Locate caiman.exe in your DS-5 installation directory and select it.
- Click Open.