Timeline view details panel overview
The details panel of the Timeline view enables you to switch between different modes using the mode menu in its bottom left. Each mode provides a different set of data to supplement the charts.
There details panel has the following modes:
- Heat Map mode
- The Heat Map shows you a list of active processes in each time bin alongside a color-coded heat map. Colors range from white to red, and the darker the color, the more activity caused by the process in that bin.
- Core Map mode
- The Core Map mode is similar to Heat Map mode. It shows a list of processes, but instead of a color-coded heat map, it provides you a colored activity map based on which core was responsible for the majority of the activity for each process. This mode is not available for single core hardware targets.
- Cluster Map mode
- Identical to Core Map mode, only Cluster Map mode provides an color-coded activity map based on cluster. This mode is only available for targets that have multiple core clusters.
- Processes mode
- Processes mode provides a list of all processes alongside a process is number, the percentage of CPU used and the amount of memory used. Unlike the other modes, the data here is dependent on the current selection of the cross-section marker.
- Exception mode
- This mode, only available if you are using a target that has Cortex 6M class core, displays each of the types of exceptions that occurred during execution along with counts and Time In and Time Out number.