Timeline view details panel overview
The details panel of the Timeline view enables you to switch between different modes using the mode menu in its bottom left. Each mode provides a different set of data to supplement the charts.
The details panel has the following modes:
- Heat Map mode
- The Heat Map shows you a list of processes that were active during the capture session in each time bin alongside a color-coded heat map. Colors range from white to red, and the darker the color, the more activity caused by the process in that bin.
- Core Map mode
- The Core Map mode is similar to Heat Map mode. It shows a list of processes, but instead of a color-coded heat map, it provides you a colored activity map based on which core was responsible for the majority of the activity for each process. This mode is not available for single core hardware targets.
- Cluster Map mode
- Identical to Core Map mode, except that Cluster Map mode provides a color-coded activity map based on cluster. This mode is only available for targets that have multiple core clusters.
- Processes mode
- Processes mode provides a list of all processes alongside a process number, the percentage of CPU used and the amount of memory used. Unlike the other modes, the data here is dependent on the current selection of the cross-section marker.
- Exception mode
- This mode, only available if you are using a target that has a Cortex®-M class core, displays each of the types of exceptions that occurred during execution along with counts and Time In and Time Out numbers.
- OpenCL mode
- This mode displays the OpenCL commands being executed on each thread over the course of a capture session and shows dependencies between commands. It is only available for Mali T6/7xx targets.
- Summary Table mode
- This mode is only available if summary information exists. It displays the information in tabular form, with optional links to the Code view. If multiple summary tables exist, you can switch between them using the table names menu displayed at the bottom of the Timeline view.
Each mode except the Summary Table mode has a filtering field, which appears at the bottom of the Timeline view. Enter a regular expression in the field to filter the processes in the details panel. For example, if you enter a standard string consisting only of letters, the maps in the details panel update to include only [idle], [kernel], and any processes that contain the entered string. Regular expression strings are not case sensitive. The charts in the Timeline view update to display only activity from the remaining processes.
Entries in the filtering field in the Heat, Core, or Cluster Map affect the other map modes, but not the OpenCL, Processes or Exception modes. Filtering data entered in Processes or Exception modes affect the data in both of these mode types, but does not affect the data in any of the map modes.