Timeline view toolbar
ARM Streamline provides easy ways to navigate and modify the Timeline view using the toolbar.
The toolbar controls in the Timeline view are:
- One or more tags appear on the left hand side of the toolbar if a special
condition applies to the report. A tag appears if one of the following
- Events-based sampling was used during the capture
Figure 6-19 Events-based sampling tag on the Timeline toolbar
- User space gator was used during the capture session.
Figure 6-20 User space gator tag
- One or more warnings apply to the report.
Figure 6-21 Warnings tag
- You are currently using DS-5 Community
Figure 6-22 Community Edition tag
- Events-based sampling was used during the capture session.
- When you hover over a tag, a tooltip appears, giving you more detailed information about what the tag signifies.
- Brings up contextual help in Eclipse.
- Toggle bookmark markers
- Activates or deactivates the bookmark markers in the Timeline view. If selected, Streamline places vertical lines that stretch across the charts under each of your bookmarks.
- Toggle HUD Display
- Toggles the Samples HUD on and off.
- Reset filtering
- Resets the calipers. The calipers are the blue arrow controls at the top of the Timeline view that you can use to filter the statistics in the reports to an area of interest.
- Select Annotation log...
- Opens the Log view and selects the closest
Annotation-generated message to the current
position of the Cross Section Marker. This option is
not applicable if you did not include
ANNOTATIONstatements in your code.
- Zoom level
- Enables you to cycle through the levels of zoom. Use the plus and minus
buttons to increase or decrease the units of time used to represent one bin
in the Timeline view.
Figure 6-23 The zoom level drop-down menu
- Time index marker
- Shows the time index of the current location of the mouse cursor. The time index marker contains a drop down menu that enables you to specify the level of zoom for the Timeline view.
- Export Timeline view to a text file
- Opens the Export dialog box, enabling you to export the data from the Timeline view. Values can be separated by spaces, commas, or tab delimiters, making it easy to save data as a separate file or to open it in your favorite spreadsheet application.