Streamline Data view toolbar options
The toolbar of the Streamline Data view enables you to change capture options, edit counter configurations, start new capture sessions, and manage your existing Streamline captures.
The following controls are available in the toolbar of the Streamline Data view:
- Show Help
- Opens a list of help topics for the Streamline Data view in a Help view.
- Collapse all
- Collapses all captures in the Streamline Data view, hiding the detailed information for every capture. This option is disabled if all captures are already collapsed.
- Expand all
- Expands all captures in the Streamline Data view, exposing detailed information for each. This option is disabled if all captures are already expanded.
- Deletes the selected captures from the file system.
- Refreshes the contents of the Streamline Data view. If you have added Streamline files to any of your defined locations outside of Eclipse and want to see the result immediately, use Refresh to sync this view. The view is refreshed automatically in the background.
- Edit Locations...
- Opens the Analysis Data Locations dialog box, which enables you to define the folders on your file system that contain Streamline data.
- Export Capture File(s)...
- Opens a dialog box that enables you to save the currently selected .apc directories as zip archives that you can later import into Streamline using the Import Capture File(s)... option. ARM recommends using this option rather than copying .apc directories, because it significantly reduces the file sizes.
- Import Capture File(s)...
- Opens a File System dialog box. To import a capture, navigate to a .zip archive that contains a valid .apc directory, select it, then click Open. The newly imported capture then appears in the list of captures in the Streamline Data view.
- Start capture
Starts a capture session. Streamline uses your settings from the Capture & Analysis Options dialog box. If you have not defined settings using the Capture & Analysis Options dialog box, Streamline connects to the target at the address that you entered in the Address field using default values for each of the capture options. Once clicked, a dialog box appears that prompts you to enter a title for the capture.
Streamline adds the parent directory of the capture to the Analysis Data Locations list if it is not already there. When the capture session stops, Streamline generates report data based on the settings in the Capture & Analysis Options dialog box. You can use this dialog box to set a capture session length. If you want to control the length of the session yourself, you can use the Streamline Data view to terminate it manually. To do so, click the either the Stop button that appears on the right in the new capture entry or the Stop capture and analyze button in the Live view.
- Counter Configuration
- Opens the Counter Configuration dialog box. Use it to modify the performance counters tracked during your capture session.
- Capture & Analysis Options
- Opens the Capture & Analysis Options dialog box. Use it to set the capture session parameters.
- Browse for a target
- Part of the Connection field. Enter the network name or IP address of your target or click this button to open the Connection Browser dialog box, in which you can select from a list of available targets on your network. Select one, then click the Select button. The Connection field updates to show the newly selected target.
- Filter field
- Enter a string in this field to display only the captures whose name contains this string.
- Change analysis options and regenerate the report
- This button appears if you use the disclosure control to show more information about a capture. Use this button, or the Analyze... option from the Streamline Data view contextual menu to launch the Analyze dialog box to re-analyze the capture session data.