Keyboard shortcuts in the Live and Timeline views
While you can navigate every report in Streamline using the mouse, keyboard shortcuts are often a faster way to accomplish common tasks.
The keyboard shortcuts available for both the Live and Timeline views are:
- Left arrow
- Moves the Cross Section Marker one bin to the left.
- Right arrow
- Moves the Cross Section Marker one bin to the right.
- Shift+left arrow
- Contracts the width of the Cross Section Marker if it is wider than one bin.
- Shift+right arrow
- Expands the width of the Cross Section Marker.
- Toggles the vertical markers for bookmarks on and off.
The following shortcuts apply to the Timeline view only:
- Opens the Log view and highlights any annotations covered by the Cross Section Marker.
- Zooms the Timeline view in one level.
- Zooms the Timeline view out one level.
Additionally, various shortcut keys can be used to switch between the available Timeline view modes. These keys are displayed in square brackets after the mode name in the mode menu, for example, Processes [P].