Standards compliance in ARM® Compiler
ARM Compiler conforms to the ISO C, ISO C++, ELF, DWARF 3, and DWARF 4 standards.
The level of compliance for each standard is:
- armar produces, and armlink consumes, UNIX-style object code archives. armar can list and extract most ar-format object code archives, and armlink can use an ar-format archive created by another archive utility providing it contains a symbol table member.
- DWARF 4
- DWARF 4 debug tables (DWARF Debugging Standard Version 4) are generated by the compiler.
- DWARF 3
DWARF 3 debug tables are supported by the rest of the tools in the toolchain.
- ISO C
- The compiler accepts ISO C 1990 and 1999 source as input.
- ISO C++
- The compiler accepts ISO C++ 2003 source as input.
- The toolchain produces relocatable and executable files in ELF format. The fromelf utility can translate ELF files into other formats.